Community Rules, Etiquette, and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of the NAFA Communities. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established the below guidelines for participation.
By joining and using these communities, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our member services department via the Contact Us
To preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.The Rules
- Respect others. Please extend the benefit of the doubt; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the communities. Use the communities to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals instead of products or services that you provide.
- Do not post commercial messages in any discussion thread, community, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Messages should not contain promotional material, special offers, job offers, product announcements, or solicitation for services or participation.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- We encourage you to share your experiences with products and services that might compensate others if others can benefit, but we want to ensure that the perspectives are as objective as possible. Be sure to specify your affiliation (or lack of affiliation) to the product or service.
- Do not post any information regarding fees, rates, prices, or similar information. No comments may encourage or facilitate any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages about the following subjects are inappropriate and should not be posted: fees, prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It is also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Do not spam other members.
- Employment notices or requests for employment are strictly prohibited.
- Do not post confidential information that is not approved for the public.
Membership Directory Do’s and Don’tsDo’s:
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
- Do utilize the directory for professional networking purposes.
- Do contact a member for insight, ideas, and general feedback on how to handle a particular issue.
- Do contact members to discuss news and topics relevant to the field.
- Do share content with members that is solely informative or educational.
- Don’t make unsolicited contact with other members to describe or promote your business or services, or to make a sale.
- Don’t use the directory to promote your clients.
- Don’t use the directory contents to generate bulk communications, direct mail, or e-blast lists.
- Don’t share the directory with third parties.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your profile settings.
The Legal Stuff
- Do not post the same message in more than two communities.
This site is provided as a service for the members of NAFA Fleet Management Association. NAFA Fleet Management Association is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regards to information posted on this site, whether posted by NAFA Fleet Management Association or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NAFA Fleet Management Association be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NAFA Fleet Management Association and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
NAFA Fleet Management Association does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of NAFA Fleet Management Association, we will take all appropriate action.