CAFM

View Only
  • 1.  Professional Development Module Discussion Thread

Posted 09-19-2019 10:55
    Hi-
    Please use this thread for any questions or discussions regarding the Professional Development Module.
    Thanks,
    Chris

------------------------------
    Chris Goyette
    Senior Manager Chapter & Industry Relations
    Princeton NJ
    (609) 986-1047

• 2.  RE: Professional Development Module Discussion Thread

Posted 09-26-2019 12:28

Hello CAFM candidates! My name is Brian Boyd and I am the module owner for the Professional Development module. This means that I am the lead in keeping the Reference Guide, Study Guide and exam questions for this module up to date. I completed my CAFM at the NAFA conference in 2019. My top study tip for you all is to not underestimate the importance of studying from the study guide.  It contains everything you need to pass the exam. 

I am happy to answer any questions regarding the material you may have (except specific exam questions, of course). I will also occasionally post a small quiz or comment on the material to generate some discussion and interaction. I wish you all success in the program! - Brian

Thanks,

Brian Boyd, CAFM

Equipment Manager
    Kent Power

Brian Boyd
    Fleet Planner/Assistant Equipment Manager
    Rockford MI

• 3.  RE: Professional Development Module Discussion Thread

Posted 09-27-2019 08:01
    Just saying thank you - it will be nice to have someone to reach out to with questions going forward!

Debby Corey
    University of Tennessee
    Chattanooga TN
    (423) 425-5298

• 4.  RE: Professional Development Module Discussion Thread

Posted 01-07-2020 08:43
    In the introduction of the professional development guide, it talks about evolving with change.   We all go through change in our professional lives to avoid becoming stagnant and obsolete as a company and employee.  What does your company do to ensure they are staying up with change on the fleet side?  

Brian Boyd,CAFM
    Equipment Manager
    Kent Power Inc.
    Rockford Mi

• 5.  RE: Professional Development Module Discussion Thread

Posted 08-05-2020 16:00

For those of you studying for the the Professional Development Module,  Here's a question that I think we all can relate to.  "What is the difference between training and development of employees?"   I'm sure we've all been in one category or the other at times.  Can you find the answer and give an example of each?

Good luck with your studies!

Hint:  Answer is in your reference guide

Brian Boyd,CAFM
    Equipment Manager
    Kent Power Inc.
    Rockford Mi